I don’t make resolutions because I never keep them. So rather than make empty promises, I decided to write a Top 10 list of things I’m looking forward to in 2014.
10. Downton Abbey Season 4! Hello, January…Dude, I am so excited to get back to the 1920s. Holy hell, how will Lady Mary cope? How will I?
9. Veronica Mars movie. I kickstarted $35 for this to get made. ‘Pixie spy magic’ for everyone!
8. Finishing my damn edits. I’m behind already because of Christmas and sickness. But I will finish in ’14. That’s an absolute. Act 2 is currently with my editor.
7. The third book in the Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. According to her website, it should be out in September. I love this series. Who doesn’t love this series? Everyone should love this series.
6. The Lair of Dreams (Diviners Book 2) by Libba Bray, release date in August. I luuuuurved The Diviners ever since my friend scored me an early copy at BEA. Apparently, the release date for Lair of Dreams has been pushed back and pushed back, but it will be worth it. Trust me.
5. Tori Amos’ new album! Unrepentant Geraldines. (That title!) According to Mercury Classics’ website, the album is supposed to be a return to her contemporary works. I am so excited. And she goes on tour in the spring, but alas, I’ll have a newborn. (See #2)
4. My 35th birthday. I’m sort of ambivalent about this. I’m going to be 35?! That sounds old. When my mom turned 35, I was 13. I remember that day vividly. I was in 8th grade and we got a puppy. When I turn 35, I’ll be nearly 9 months pregnant. When I have energy, I usually feel 25. Because 35 sounds old. It just does.
3. My book! My book! My book is being published. Again, the month of its release is still in the works. But it will be released in ’14. I’ll be a published author! It’s a dream-come-true.
2. The birth of my baby. Oh yeah, this too is definitely happening. May. And it’s a girl! The whole family is on excitement overload. Hope her big brothers are ready.
1. I’ll leave this one up to the universe. Surprise me with something good!