For anyone who subscribes to my newsletter, here are my private policy info and terms:
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
• we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
• we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
• we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental
rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), Kimberly Giarratano is the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
This policy is effective as of 21 May 2018. Please check this page frequently to ensure you are familiar with its current content.
1. Personal Data that you provide to us:
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
When you sign-up to:
• receive free content, including
eBooks, videos and offers;
• Email address
• First name
• Last name
When you purchase a book directly from us
• Email address
• Phone number
• Any Personal Data which you
provide to us in the free text box
of the form
Data that she collects automatically:
She automatically collects certain information when you visit her Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. She does not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
She will only use your Personal Data when the law allows her to. Most commonly, she uses your Personal Data to:
• process and manage your use of our website;
• respond to your questions, comments and requests;
• where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are
relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
• improve our services and Website through analysis of information
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
She takes your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
She shares Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on her behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to her. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
She has implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data she collects. She maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and she does not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email or via our postal address:
• see what Personal Data she holds about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
• ask her to change/correct your Personal Data;
• ask her to delete your Personal Data;
• object to the processing of your Personal Data;
• ask her to restrict the processing of your Personal Data • withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
• express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
She will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which she collected it, unless she reasonably considers that she needs to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact her.
If she needs to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, she will notify you and she will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. Contact her
Kimberly Giarratano kggiarratano at gmail dot com